I must compliment Kitty on her driving. She may stall the manual car whenever she slows down, try changing gears without the clutch and indicate turns with the windscreen wipers but overall her driving is superb ,,,,,,, compared to her navigation. True the rough maps are hopeless but ....For me the crunch came after a day of her navigating when I could not read the compass whilst driving so I asked her to. Her reply ? " How do I read the compass ? Do I align the needle with the marker on the glass" - and then proceed to tell me I was going North when I was going South. That was the last time she navigated.
In fact that was almost the last time she did anything. We hired a guide to lead us through the Red Valley and Rose valley in Cappadocia. Great scenery but the guide and Kitty did not hit it off. Near the end a big dog came up close to Kitty. "Watch out", the guide said, "she bites !" "Oh, Does she ?", said Kitty. Guide - " I was talking to the dog !" Not nice, guide - but at least I stopped him from embedding her on a giant fairy chimney.
But her driving is improving - she coped well driving through the snow-capped mountains to Mersin on the Mediterranean (near Paul's home town of Tarsus). More trucks than you have ever seen on a road like the road up Hotham. If only she can learn to change gears and not stall she will surely be ready for her drivers licence test before we leave Turkey. (PS - Kitty wants it know that my driving is not perfect either !)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment